FFLM 11th Annual Conference
The Hilton, Belfast will play host to our conference this year from Thursday 04 to Saturday 06 May 2017 and will include a range of expert speakers, the Annual General Meeting, the David Jenkins Lecture and Gala Dinner.
The programme can be viewed here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Lord John Alderdice (Director of the Centre for the Resolution of Intractable Conflict, Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford);
- Dame Elish Angiolini (Chair, Independent Review of Deaths and Serious Incidents in Police Custody);
- Professor Karim Brohi (Consultant in Trauma & Vascular Surgery, Royal London Hospital Major Trauma Centre);
- Inspector Michael Brown OBE (Mental Health Coordinator, College of Policing);
- Dr Olive Buckley OBE (Clinical Director and Lead Forensic Physician, Rowan Sexual Assault Referral Centre, Northern Ireland);
- Professor Denis Cusack (Head of Forensic & Legal Medicine, University College Dublin and Coroner for County Kildare, Ireland);
- Professor John Farnan MBE (Forensic Medical Officer, Police Service of Northern Ireland);
- Chief Constable George Hamilton QPM (Police Service of Northern Ireland);
- Dr Kieran Kennedy (Forensic Physician, SAOLTA University Hospitals Group and Lecturer, National University of Ireland Galway);
- Sir Declan Morgan (Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland);
- Dr Jason Payne-James (FFLM President);
- Dr Gillian Tully (Forensic Science Regulator).
We have negotiated the following room rate with the Hilton hotel for conference delegates:
£99 per night (single occupancy);
£109 (two people sharing).
This can be booked online using the group code GFACA.
Please note this rate is only available until Monday 27 March 2017.
Please see below a list of social events taking place during the conference.
In order to book your place, please click here to complete the online booking form.
After you have completed the booking form, please click here to make your payment.
Thursday 04 May 2017 - Visit to the Crumlin Road Gaol
The Crumlin Road Gaol dates back to 1845 and for 150 years was a fully operational prison. On the 31 March 1996 the Gaol slammed shut its doors and on the 19 November 2012 it was reopened to the public for guided tours.
Join us on a tour of the Gaol - learn about the history of the site from when women and children were held within it’s walls through to the political segregation of republican and loyalist prisoners and learn about why the decision was taken to close the prison. After the tour, you will sit down to a four course meal (starter, main, dessert, tea/coffee) before being collected and taken back to the Hilton hotel.
Thursday 04, Friday 05, Saturday 06 or Sunday 07 May 2017 - Belfast Black Cab Tour
Take a Black Cab Tour to learn about Belfast and its changing identity, depicted in the iconic murals painted on gable walls throughout the city. Travel with the drivers who drove on Belfast’s famous roads during the troubles and hear their first-hand experiences.
Pick up and drop off is at the Hilton hotel - payment is to be made on the day to the driver.
Sunday 07 May 2017 - Golf, Hilton Belfast Templepatrick Golf & Country Club
Tee off at the award-winning Hilton Templepatrick Golf Course. The par-72 championship golf course opened in 1999 and is fully playable all year long. It offers over 7,000 yards of challenging fairways and greens and will test golfers of all skill levels.
Pick up and drop off is at the Hilton hotel.
- Places at the conference will be allocated on a "first come - first served basis". Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Bookings cannot be confirmed unless both the booking form and the payment have been received.
- You will be sent an email confirmation upon receipt of your booking form and payment.
- There are a total of 20 places available at the subsidised FFLM student affiliate rate (please see here for more information) and the standard student rate. The student rate is available to full-time students enrolled at an accredited university.
- Closing date for receipt of conference booking forms and payment is Friday 07 April 2017 however if the event is full before this time, bookings will close earlier.
- Notification of cancellation received in writing two weeks prior to a Conference will entitle the delegate to a to 90% refund (each refund will incur a 10% administration fee).
- Conference fees are non-transferable.